Monday, August 8, 2011

Hiperinsulinemia and Type 1 diabetes?

I have been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes about six years ago and I've been using insulin injection treatmentever since. Recently I've realized I can handle some glucose pretty well without any insulin injections. So I did a few blood tests. The results were not what I expected. The figures indicated Hiperinsulinemia (the tests were made at a time when I have had no insulin injections for 14 hours). Then a glucose tolerance test showed some quite good results (91.5% of the glucose given to me was absorbed into the cells within 2 hours). I really need some advice about what I should do now. My friends suggest that I should consult my doctor and that I might have type 2 diabetes instead of what I've been diagnosed with. Please give any thoughts on the situation. Thank you. I am sorry for my terrible english.

No comments:

Post a Comment