Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Is there such a thing as an external syringe autoinjector?

Hi all, my gf has a clotting condition in which she needs to take anticoagulant medication daily by injection, similar to a diabetic injecting insulin. The problem is she hates needles and sticking herself daily sucks, so most of the time I have to do it for her. But I am going to be leaving town for a couple of weeks on business and she is going to have to do the daily injections herself and she hates it. My question is is there a product out now that makes it easier to correctly inject yourself? I have seen some tube-like needle holders and protection jackets for diabetic syringes, but since the meds already come in a pre-loaded syringe with a square plastic plunger lock surrounding it to ensure it can only be used once, I don;t think that will work. I was hoping for something similar in function to a caulking gun for a syringe, where you insert the syringe as a cartridge, it lines up on your skin via a pre-shaped guard already built in and all you have to do is squeeze the handle to inject yourself. Is there anything like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment