Friday, August 12, 2011

What is lifespan of person with Cirrhosis?

My husband was diagnosed almost 10 years ago. He will be turning 65, diagnosed with Hep C (15 yrs ago), still continues to drink alcohol on regular basis. Blood has platelet problems, he has diabetes (not insulin dependent), constant pain in his feet, minor confusion / memory loss, mood swings (irritable/mean) & some weight loss. He is stubborn & in denial in some ways, blames it all on diabetes. As his wife of 22 years I have sort of given up on trying to help since he won't help himself. I know he will only continue to get worse, he won't go to the Dr. for labs & follow up so I have no idea what stage he is at now. I am trying to figure out how long the deterioration process takes so I can "prepare" for what is to come and maybe when.

No comments:

Post a Comment