Thursday, August 4, 2011

Will starting Metformin again make me lose more weight?

So I started taking Metformin around this time last year to regulate my insulin levels. I didn't change my eating habits or exercise routine (which was pretty much nonexistent) but within the same month I started taking it, I dropped about thirty pounds. Well, after that month, my doctor took a pregnancy leave, and had someone fill in for her, and there was a misunderstanding, which resulted in the new doctor taking me off the Metformin. A year has passed, and I've maintained the weight loss, (by sheer luck) because I'm lazy as all get-out. I started taking Metformin again a few days ago, and I'm wondering if it will have the same effect on me, making me lose weight and such..Has anyone else experienced this dramatic weight loss effect in such a short amount of time while taking Metformin? If so, how much weight has the medicine made you lose?

No comments:

Post a Comment